Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Carrigan

I apologize for the break I've taken.  We learned last week that we lost our second baby. :(  I was 10 weeks pregnant.  I now have two sweet babies waiting for me in Heaven.  The first we named Carsten and this one we named Carrigan.

Miscarriage is heartbreaking but I'd rather not use my blog to swell on that.  I'd like to talk about the amazing friends God has blessed me with!  I'm part of a local MOPs group and these girls have blessed me in so many unexpected ways.  The day I got home from the hospital, they came bearing gifts.  Food, food, and more food!  Homemade lasagna, huge salad and bread sticks from Olive Garden, homemade enchiladas, chips and dip from Pappasitos, ice cream, chocolate cake, homemade cookies, a gallon of tea, and more.  They brought a basket with a scrubby and body wash and lotion and m&m's.  I was given precious cards and gift cards to restaurants.  And...a lady to clean my house!!  You heard right--they're sending someone to clean my house for me.  Yeah, baby!  I'm truly humbled by how amazingly kind, caring, and generous these girls are.  If you have young children and a MOPs group nearby, I highly recommend joining.  The friendship and encouragement are priceless!

MOPs

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Hi Kristin, I know this is totally random, but I just wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss. I found your site through a link for scrapbooking and scrolled through your previous posts. I also live in Texas and am a Christian momma to a 3 year old little girl. My husband is in ministry. And we also just lost our second child. I miscarried jan 31 and was also 10 weeks along. Our stories were just too much alike to not leave a note just to say, Look, neither of us are alone. I don't know about you, but that thought helps me somehow. God bless!