Thursday, January 15, 2009

Adding to my list...

6. Striving to be more knowledgable through reading. Oh yeah, forgot about this one. Before I had kids, I loved to read. I read all the time. I would read anytime and anywhere that I could. I'd even read the shampoo bottle while washing my hair in the shower! lol I gained a lot of my knowledge through reading. Now since I've had kids, I haven't read too much. I really feel like the babies steal my brain cells while they're gestating! I just don't have the focus and attention span that I used to. Maybe I'm too busy, maybe I have too much on my mind, or maybe I'm just plain old lazy! Whatever it is, I plan to read more this year. I plan on regaining some of my smarts (remember, my babies took my smarts...greedy little boogers!) through reading. I plan on training my brain to focus and learn again. So yesterday I started reading Ina May's Guide to Childbirth. It's good so far. I need it right now. I had a bad birth experience last time and to be honest, I'm scared about doing it again. This book is reminding me that birth is a natural process, it can be spiritual even, and it's not something to be afraid of. I do believe in the power of prayer and positive thinking...these are the two things I plan on focusing on throughout my pregnancy and labor/delivery. Oh, check this out...I just ordered this devotional yesterday and can't wait to get it.

Here's the link: Expecting
I think this is going to be an awesome way to meditate on God's promises and will bring me peace.

Here's another site I stumbled across yesterday: Scripture Sisters
A group of women have decided to memorize one verse/passage per week. I'm definitely joining in on this! Everyday I plan on studying one chapter of Proverbs (based on the day of the month), one chapter of the Gospel, and the passage of the week. I'll change it up a bit once I finish the Gospel. It's said that if you read one chapter a day of the Gospel, you'll get through it in 3 months. Spending every day for 3 months reading and learning and getting to initmately know Christ's life sounds like a plan to me!

No comments: