Saturday, January 17, 2009

Poor Bubby and the darn donuts

I think my little guy is trying to fight something off. He started weezing a little while sleeping last night and has a barking cough. I'm hoping he's not getting croup again. He doesn't have a fever and still has a HUGE appetite so that's a good thing. And is it wierd that I still refer to my 7 year old as my baby?! Anyway, we have church tonight and I'm trying to decide if he should go or if his dad should stay home with him. I'm leaning toward him going since he acts fine. I think I'll just give him a dose of Sambucol and load him up on vitamin C.

So with my first pregnancy, I had gestational diabetes. I controlled it well with diet and only gained 30 pounds. Regardless, I still had a giant baby. This time I'm going for a VBAC which means it would be really nice to have a baby a couple of pounds smaller this time! I'm hoping to keep my gd under control through diet and exercise from the get go this time. I actually have my first yucky glucose test on Feb 3. So dreading it. Well...today I gave into a craving. I had those Hostess powdered sugar donuts and a bottle of coke. Wait, it gets worse. I ate *2* packs of the donuts. (Hanging my head in shame.) Man, I could kick my own rear for that. But hey, it sure tasted good! lol Now my tummy isn't feeling so well. That's okay. I'm just going to pick myself up, dust myself off, and put the donut incidence out of my mind. (I just needed to confess--thanks for listening!)

No comments: