Friday, January 30, 2009

Looking Forward to the Weekend


That's what we'll be doing this weekend! I'm not a huge football fan. As a matter of fact, I'm not a fan of football at all. But my husband is. I'm what's known around these parts as a "football widow". It's a sad thing, indeed. However, I love my hubby and I want to make him happy so on Sunday I'll be sitting next to him on the couch cheering on whatever team it is that he wants to win! I'll make a nice lunch/dinner of ham, potato salad, green bean casserole and dinner rolls (not the healthiest, but hey, this Superbowl business only happens once a year--thank goodness!). We'll have chips and dip and those little smokie cocktail weenie things. Oh, and walnut brownies for dessert. I'm licking my lips already (and getting my heartburn relief ready cause I'm afraid the baby in my belly my fuss with all that food!). *By the way, I'm 16 weeks today--I feel the baby moving and kicking and dancing in there all the time now. Love it!*

We're spending the weekend at my mom's house. She lives here in town, about 45 minutes away, but it's a real treat for her when we spend the weekend over there. She is in love with her grandson! And she kind of likes us, too! We always enjoy our visits over there because we get to relax and laugh and watch movies and play card games. My mom is my most favorite person in the entire world (other than hubby and son) and I cherish the time I get to spend with her. She's getting older and I always make her promise me that she's going to live forever! Seriously though, I've never met a more patient, kind, warm, loving, forgiving, accepting, non-judgemental woman. She has been a great example to me and I can only strive to be like her.

Random thought for the day: Why does my 7 year old insist on saying hambooger instead of hamburger? The funny thing is, he's not even doing it to be funny. lol And here's another one, as many times as I tell him the word is phonics, he insists on saying it's foctions. What?!

No comments: