Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Starting Fresh

It's a new year and I definitely need a new start. Ever felt like a failure? Oh yeah. That's where I'm at right now. There are so many things that I want to be doing...need to be doing. But, I just don't do them. (In my defense, I am pregnant and when I'm pregnant, I have very little energy. Why oh why do my babies suck me dry?! lol) So that's why I'm starting this little bloggity blog blog. I need a place to vent and whine. A place to cheer my accomplishments. I need accountability. Yep yep. This'll do!

I think I'll start by listing a few areas where I'm striving to be more.

1. Striving to be more Christ-like. This is something I will have to work on everyday for the rest of my life. I want to follow God and have a real relationship with Him. I owe Him my life. I want to read my Bible everyday and spend some time meditating on His word. I want to live out His commands. I want to store His truths in my heart. I want my love for God to be a burning fire.

2. Striving to be a better wife. I love my husband dearly. More than I can say. I tend to put him further down on my "to-do" list than I should. Poor guy. I know that he should be number 2, right under God. I need to make more time for him and show him love in ways that he understands. I need to pray for him daily. A marriage takes work so I need to get to work.

3. Striving to be a better mom. Another tough one. So many things I need to do better for my son. I need to really focus on his diet and supplements. I need to help him have a healthy body. I need to show him how important God is...I need to be an example to him. I need to make sure he has a good education and teach him in a style that he can learn with. I need to get him ready for life.

4. Striving to be healthier. I need to take care of myself. I can't tell you how much I love powdered sugar donuts and a bottle of Coke! Man, that sounds so good! lol Totally not good for me. Especially since I had gestational diabetes with my last pregnancy and I'm trying to prevent it this time. Gotta eat good for the babe in my belly. I need to exercise. Not my favorite thing to do, but I need to stay healthy.

5. Striving to be more of a homemaker. My home is a safe place for my family. I want ot make a pleasant home where my family enjoys being. As a sahm, I want to so my part with the finances by saving us money when possible. I want to feed my family whole, nutritious foods. I want my home to be a place where people come and know that God is the center of our lives.

Okay, so that's just a start. And I'm already feeling overwhelmed! lol I'll be back tomorrow with an update on how it's going so far. Take care!

No comments: