Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Hmmm...Which One First?

First, I have a praise--I took my early glucose test yesterday (I had gestational diabetes with baby #1) and my numbers were good! Yay! Thank you, Jesus! I have to be retested at 28 weeks but that's okay.

OK, back to my originally scheduled post: Number 6 on my "striving to be more" list is about becoming more knowledgeable through reading books. I'm such a book junkie! I have so many books...my problem is that I never read them! They just sit there, looking pretty and all full of useful info that I'm hoping I'll learn through osmosis or something. So anyway, I've decided to take action. I will read a book. From start to finish. No getting halfway through, forgetting about it and then starting it over 18 months later only to do the same thing again. (Not that that's been my experience or anything! lol) Now that I've made a decision to get to reading, I need to figure out which book to start with. Let's see, there are 3 that are calling my name right now.


Grace Based Parenting by Tim Kimmel. I've heard good things about this book. It's basically about parenting the way God parents us--with grace. It's about forgetting your ideas of perfection, letting your child be who they are and really focusing on the important stuff (like salvation, humility, kindness, compassion, etc.) He does not condone legalism, nor extreme permissiveness.


Marriage Without Regrets by Kay Arthur. This one is about how to be and do what God wants you to in regards to your marriage. It's about doing your part...biblically. I believe that marriage takes work. Lots of work. But it's the 2nd most rewarding relationship you can have...it's worth all that work.



The Prayer That Changes Everything by Stormie Omartian. Another one that looks sooo good. It's about praise and worship and how they can bring you into a deeper, more intimate relationship with God.

So there you have it. My dilemma for the day! Not sure which one I'll start but I'll keep you updated on it.

No comments: